Last modified: 12/15/2016
SchoolApps, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or your child or that you may provide when you use the mobile phone application (the “App”) for StudentSuite (the “Service”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on the App, or in email, text and other electronic messages between you and the Service.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website or mobile application operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the App.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our App is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the App or on or through any of its features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at
5155 Financial Way
Mason, OH 45040
If you are a student, the following provisions also apply:
- Be careful who you share your information with while using the App.
- You should get your parent or guardian to read these Terms before using the App.
- You will only download, register for and access the App as a student registrant, and not as a teacher, parent, or any other category of user.
- You will only access the App using the login credentials (username, password, etc.) specific to you. You may not use any credentials which do not belong to you.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our App, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, student identification number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as bus routes, class schedules, or class year; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the App and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- From your Subscriber (likely, your school district) when they submit the information to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the App. Information collected automatically may include usage details and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our App may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our App, subscribing to our Service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, when deeming rewards or points offered by the Service, and when you report a problem with our App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our App, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our App, and usage of our App, including location data, other data you input into the App and the resources that you access and use on the App.
- Information about your mobile device, including the device’s unique device identifier, your IP address, [mobile network information, the device’s telephone number], operating system, and browser type.
All information that we collect is automatically aggregated as statistical data, whereby all personally identifiable information is removed to minimize the risk of unintended disclosure of your identity and identifying information. It helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our App.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our App and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our App or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive, informational, or tracking features on our App.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With respect to the location of your device, only with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
5155 Financial Way
Mason, OH 45040
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at support@schoolappsUSA.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You may not share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App like message boards, if any. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the App.
5155 Financial Way
Mason, OH 45040